How Do You Select The Best Property Management Companies or Apartment Management Companies?
When you hire a property management company to serve as the liaison between yourself and your tenants, you want to be sure you’re getting the best possible Apartment Management Companies in Sandhurst . The services a property management company provides can range from ala carte to an all-in-one inclusive package. Along with that comes an array of fees for each. There is no set in stone fee structure we can provide you. But we can educate you on what common fees to expect and what each is commonly for. In the end it will be up to you to compare company fee structures and choose the best one that fits within your budget. Below are some of the most common fees and what service they provide.
[lsup_image_12] This is an ongoing monthly fee charged to the owner to compensate the property manager for the responsibilities of overseeing the management of their property. This fee can vary from as little as 3% to over 15% of the monthly gross rent. In place of a percentage some managers may charge a flat monthly amount which again can vary from $50 to over $200 per month. All property management companies generally charge this fee.
Lease-Up or Setup Fee
[lsup_image_13] This fee is charged to the owner to compensate the Fitzanne property managers for their initial time invested and resources used in setting up an owners account; showing property and/or other activities resulting in tenant placement. I guess you could look at it as a “finders fee” for placing a tenant in your property. Once a tenant has been placed and first rent income comes in, the property manager will deduct this fee from the rent proceeds. Some property managers have been known to require this fee upfront prior to tenant procurement. Usually this fee is non-refundable once the property manager has started the process of tenant procurement or any legwork has been initiated with the property. This fee can vary because of Apartment Management Companies and as much as the first months rent, and usually is a one-time fee per tenant.
“You’ve Got To Be Kidding Me” Fees – These are ones I have personally had the pleasure of running into.
- Your Sandhurst property is vacant, but we still will charge our monthly commission or a small flat fee.
- “A For-Rent Yard Sign Fee”. I believe this was $25/mo.
- “Preventive Maintenance Fee”. This was to cover the “just in case” and changing out A/C filters. If “just in case” never happens they still pocket the money. I believe this was $20/mo and I still was charged for filters.
[lsup_image_15] Read your Manager/Owner contract, understand what you are signing, ask lots of questions and know what the fees will buy you in services. A good real estate lawyer can help in negotiating the terms in a contract that suit both parties. These contracts are not set in stone. If your property manager will not negotiate, there are other property management companies that are eager to earn your business.
Interesting Facts About Apartment Management Companies in Johannesburg:
cts About Apartment Management Companies in Johannesburg:
Apartment Management Companies in Johannesburg
- Apartment Management Sandhurst
- Apartment Manager Rivonia
- Apartment Property Management Companies Sunninghill
- Apartment Management Services Douglasdale
- Apartment Rental Property Management Hyde Park
- Apartment Rental Management Fourways
- Apartment Building Management Companies Douglasdale
- Apartment Rental Management Companies Duxberry
- Apartment Property Management Services Sunninghill
- Apartments For Rent By Management Company Douglasdale
- Serviced Apartments Management Company Rivonia
- Residential Property Management Pretoria
- Residential Property Management Companies Hyde Park
- Residential Property Management Services Rosebank
- Residential Property Management Inc Fourways
- How To Start A Residential Property Management Company Douglasdale
- Residential Property Management Firms Sandhurst